Sunday, June 30, 2013

May & June 2013

Well, we are slowly getting settled into our house. It is nice to have so much space, and the kids are really enjoying having so much room for their toys. I also appreciate that they are not all over the house, all the time.

In May we were able to go to a Rockies game with most of our friends. Gavin's friend Mia was selling them through her school for really cheap, so we decided to go. The boys had a lot of fun and enjoyed getting to sit with their friends, and dance along to the music.






Here we are on Mother's Day. This is the new dress that I bought.

In June we went on vacation and spent a week in Ely, and we were able to see Spencer graduate and just spend time with family.
Playing with the stuff Uncle Spencer brought home from his graduation party.
 Cousin time.


The next week we went to Idaho Falls and were able to spend time with the Barrus'. We met new baby Tucker, and celebrated my 25th birthday while we were there. Of course, I celebrated by going shopping and found some much needed new clothes. I also got my hair done while we were there. The best part was just having Zac around for two whole weeks. Man, I love vacation, it is so nice to be with him more.
Grandpa put this together for the boys to play in, it was a little windy that day, but hopefully we can play with it more next summer.

Before we left, Zac was put in as the Secretary in the Elder's Quorum Presidency. And when we got back, I was put in as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women. I am so excited for this new calling, and I am excited to get to know the girls.

We also had a surprise baby shower for my wonderful friend Rachel! She is having her 3rd girl in August and we are so excited for her. Hopefully she didn't feel too ambushed as we told her we were having a belated birthday lunch for me at Olive Garden. The only picture I have of Rachel from the shower is not super flattering, so here are the cupcakes that I made for dessert. Sin Cake Cupcakes Recipe

At the end of the month we had our annual friend trip and decided we would just stay a weekend at the Palmer's house this year. We had great food, games, and spent Saturday walking around Estes Park. It was nice to go somewhere that we haven't been before. I feel so lucky that we have such a wonderful group of friends. I don't know how we got lucky enough for them to invite us in to the 'group,' but I love them all dearly.
In Estes


No comments :

Post a Comment