About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Oops!

Well, I have been planning on blogging for about a month now, and I just haven't done it! Mostly because the things I have been meaning to blog about, I didn't get a lot of pictures of. So, I guess I will do my best.

On July 14th I was able to go to Arizona and see my family, and be there when my brother Alex went through the temple. It was a great experience. And of course, that night was the Harry Potter Premier! Zac told me that he wasn't going to wait for me to come back to town before he went. So he went in Idaho with his family, and I went with mine in Arizona. He promised we would go together once I got back, but he has yet to keep his word on that. It was nice because we went in Casa Grande, which isn't that big, and they just opened up all their theaters. So there were no lines, we bought our tickets at like 11:00pm, and waited an hour for the movie to start. I have to admit, that I fell asleep a few times, because I was so exhausted, but I really enjoyed the movie!

Then on the 16th we left for Big Bear Lake, California for our family reunion with my Mom's side. About six years ago we started reunions with just the siblings, so we do one every two years, and this year my Mom was in charge. The Bavarian Lodge is where we stayed. It is part of a motel, but it has a big house with like 12 rooms that you can rent out. So we were all able to stay in the same big house with a kitchen and gathering area. We stayed for three days, Uncle Rick brought his boat so that people could ski and go tubing on the lake, and my Mom brought a bunch of fun crafts to work on. We had a talent show one night, and another night we had a Farewell for Alex's mission and celebrated with Texas themed food. We had Fajitas for dinner and Texas Sheet Cake for dessert. My Mom did a fantastic job planning meals and activities. Only two cousins weren't there with there husbands, one was working and the other had here baby the day before the reunion, Congratulations Kortney, Kurt and Destry, what a beautiful little girl! And of course, the four husbands in my family Nick, Bobby, James, and Zac all weren't able to make it. I loved getting away from school for a little while and seeing my family. Plus we found out that my cousin is pregnant as well as my sister and they are due a day apart in February, congratulations!
Here is some of our fun! Jayden and Richie eating their dessert.

I went to the lake with Melanie one day, and we took her kids Jayden and Aaryn. This is Aaryn, I love this little boy!Jayden and Aaryn playing in the sand.Here is Spencer, cousin Eric, Melanie, Aaryn, Jayden, and cousin Andrew in the water.
Here is Alex speaking at his farewell.
Here is Aaryn on the way home. Jayden and Aaryn love Veggietales and Melanie has two DVD players for the car so they each watch in front of them and it is so funny. Aaryn is such a good boy as long as his show is on. He loves TV and will just sit on the ground in front of the TV and his is pretty much mesmerized. He also loves the blankets with tassels and holds it in his hand and sucks on his thumb. It is so cute especially when he tries to climb the stairs while holding it in his hand.
And here is Jayden asleep on the way home, they were such good little boys, and it was fun to spend time with them. It also made me more excited to have my own little boy soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment