About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Monday, August 31, 2009

The Happenings

Well, I guess we have been kind of busy but not really. Zac works a lot, so we spend a lot of our time in Idaho Falls so that he doesn't have to drive back and forth as often. We were lucky enough to go down to Salt Lake and Provo on the 25th and 26th to send Elder Jones to the MTC. I still don't think that it has really hit me yet that he is gone. I am sure that it will when the baby comes and I realize that my closest brother won't get to see him for 2 years! I love him and I am so excited to hear about his mission, and to watch how he changes through his letters. The goodbye wasn't too emotional because you just drop them at the curb now and only one car can go through, so we were only able to say goodbye after lunch before my parents dropped him off. We did have a great lunch though, Brickoven Pizza in Provo is yummy! Zac's favorite part was probably their draft root beer. He says that it is now his favorite root beer ever!

Trevor, Elder Jones, Mom, and Dad at Brick Oven.
We were also able to see Allison before she starts her first semester at BYU. April, James, Tiago, and Spencer were all there too.
Mom and Dad with Elder Jones outside the MTC.
They decided to go to a session at the Salt Lake Temple so that some of us could do a live session. It was great, even though we went to the 7 am session. I especially loved it because just a year earlier, Zac and I were sealed in this temple and it brought back great memories of that day.
And on the 22nd it was our first anniversary! I can't believe it has really been a whole year! I have truly loved every minute of it, and I am so excited for everything to come. I love my sweet husband and the fact that he cares for me so much. I never thought that I could love someone so much, but I am surprised everyday. I love watching him from across the room, and his little mannerisms bring the biggest smile to my face. There really is no one else that I want to share my life with.
Zac had to work during the day so I tried to find a nice place that we could go out to dinner. We went to Whitewater Grill/Wasabi in downtown Idaho Falls and had some great food. It is mostly japanese fusion cuisine and sushi. We shared just the basic California Roll and then Zac had Duck and I had Halibut. This was a feat for me becuase I do not like fish. But Zac told me that I couldn't get chicken, so he convinced me.
My Pesto Crusted Halibut, I must say it was great and totally worth it! Even better, we ate every last bite, there wasn't anything left on our plates!Here is Zac's Duck, he really enjoyed it.
The week before that was the Madison County Fair. It was small but entry was free and it was only a block away. So we walked down for an hour or so to check it out. We mostly just saw the animals. I must admit that I have never been that close to a cow in my life and they were huge! Seriously, they are big!

I am petting a Shetland Pony, and not really enjoying the fact that Zac is taking my picture :).
Here is the obese bunny on display. Look how big this guy is, I just had to take a picture.
This one had the best hairdo that I have ever seen. It was pretty amusing.
And so did this guy, talk about an afro!
And of course here is Zac posing with the goat. Well that's pretty much it. Had another Dr's appointment and everything is fine. No news is good news, right. Still no name yet, but I think we are getting closer to deciding, maybe. Only ten more weeks to go and Zac says that he is ready right now. I am very excited to watch my husband become a father, I got him to hold our friend's baby last night and for the first few minutes he was like, "Um, what do I do?" I thought it was funny, but hopefully he will hold him more often and start to realize that it's not all that bad. :)

2 comments :

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be loved! Congratulations to both of you the first year is a good test for the rest of your life - if year one is a breeze, then just make sure the rest feels like the first. Remember how much you love each other. A new baby will bring changes but oh, so many joys (i miss my babies) Oh wait now they are all my best friends. I love you baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are radiant! I love your sweet little belly!!! I am so happy for you Chelsea and I am so excited for you to have a baby! You are going to be such a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete