About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's

Yes, I do know how behind I am. And now, it is 2013........ So, I will mostly let the pictures do the talking. I hope you all enjoyed the holidays, I know we did!

Wesley actually eats baby food (Gavin never would), but we tried some Mixed Vegetables, it didn't go so well. It took a while for him to trust me after that. :)



 We went and walked outside the Idaho Falls Temple while we were there for Thanksgiving. We talked to Gavin about it, and let him touch the walls and the doors.
 I sure do love this boy.
 And believe it or not. These two play well together, on rare occasions.
 And proof, that feeding time isn't always torture.
 Zac and I were asked to be in charge of our Ward Christmas Party. It sounded like it was a great success. We did a story night and asked a few people to decorate a room and read a story. After dinner we divided everyone into 4 groups and we rotated through the 4 stories and then we went back to the gym for hot chocolate and apple cider and to listen to the Nativity Story. And then Santa came. I am glad it is done with, but it was a lot of fun. I probably won't be volunteering to do that again for at least a few years. :)

 Olive, the Other Reindeer.
 The Christmas Candle.
 The Polar Express....All Aboard!
 We also had The Grinch, but my picture didn't turn out very well.

On Christmas Eve we convinced our friends the Hreinson's to come over and celebrate with us. We had pizza and then drove around Highlands Ranch to look at the lights. Then we came back and had hot chocolate and beignets and the kids acted out the Nativity for us. Look at those cute kids. Best. Nativity. Ever. I will have to get more pictures from Rachel.


 And Colorado made me happy with a white Christmas. Snow has been scarce in Denver so far, so I was very happy about this!
Gavin woke up at 3 am ready to open presents. I finally told him he could look at what Santa brought but then we had to wait for Wesley to wake up before we could open presents. Gavin and I ended up sleeping on the couch with Zac on the floor. Wesley finally woke up at 6:45 and then we had to wait until Gavin woke up around 7:20. But it was great. The boys loved all their new toys, and we feel so blessed. No big presents for us this year. We are hoping to make a BIG purchase in 2013, so we didn't need anything too big. :)




 Waiting for Gavin to wake up.





And, last night we had our NYE Party. We had everyone write some wishes/resolutions for 2013 on a balloon and then we set them free.





 Our Family Balloon.
 Hreinson Family

 Olson Family
Palmer's picture is on their phone.
Setting our wishes free. The balloons may or may not have gotten stuck on the tree branches at the top story.
 All the lovely ladies, toasting in the New Year in true Mormon fashion with our Sparkling Cider.
We enjoyed chocolate and caramel fondue with many delicious treats as well as chips and dip and cheese and bread.
It was a great New Year's and I was glad to spend it with my 3 favorite boys as well as great friends!


Here's to an even better 2013!

No comments :

Post a Comment