About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thank-FULL

We had a great Thanksgiving week! Zac's mom was able to come on Monday and spend the whole week with us. It was great to have her here and Gavin was definitely spoiled with attention. He is having a hard time adjusting to the smaller, less constant attention he receives from Zac and I. I am probably the worst. My pregnancy sickness is still in full swing and has been pretty bad the last few days, so Gavin is having a hard time. Zac's Dad, sister Amanda, and brother Nic came on Wednesday and everyone stayed through the week and left early Sunday morning. This Thanksgiving I made my first Turkey which turned out ok. I used the Our Best Bites recipe and brined it and everything. But I just cooked it in out Roaster Oven to leave the oven open for everything else. Had it actually been in a real oven it probably would have turned out better. But it is all a learning experience. We had WAY too much food, but that is part of the joy of Thanksgiving! It all tasted great and we had a wonderful time.

While we finished getting everything ready Zac, Grandpa, Nic, Amanda, and Gavin headed over to Westlands park to play.
Looks like everyone had fun. :)
Ready to eat!

That night Amanda and I went to the Outlets in Castle Rock with some of my friends from the ward. They start their sales at 9pm on Thanksgiving and then we headed over to WalMart to get a few of the Christmas items I needed there. Amanda was a real trooper to come out shopping with me, even though she didn't buy anything her self. On Friday we went out to do a little more shopping at Kohl's and Burlington Coat Factory. We all went to lunch a Cici's Pizza Buffet and then Zac and I went with his parents to Sam's club and then to find a new bed for Gavin for when the baby comes. We found Gavin a twin bed at American Furniture Warehouse and we are really happy with it. Hopefully over the next few months he will learn to sleep in it so there aren't any problems when the baby comes.
Gavin definitely learned how to use Grandma's iPad and everyone's touch screen phones. I was really impressed with his fine motor skills. He is one smart kid. We would laugh as he would lounge around playing games.
On Saturday we went over to Hammond's Candy Factory for the free tour and some free candy canes and then we went out to lunch at Hacienda Colorado. That night the boys went out to an Avalanche game while the girls and Gavin went shopping at the new H&M and 16th Street Mall.
Waiting at Hammond's
The week went by way too quickly, but we always have a busy December. The tree is up, now I just need to finish the rest of the decorations, finish some Christmas Shopping, and before you know it Gavin and I will be flying to Salt Lake for Alex and Katie's wedding on the 22nd. I hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Season!

No comments :

Post a Comment