About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Father's Day/Moving

Well, time has flown by and I have meant to post on so many things, but when you are moving there is only one thing on your mind, packing....packing.....more packing......and unpacking. Yep.
Father's Day was nice, I gave Zac a picture with with three slots that had Gavin holding the letters D A D. It was cute we also gave him some new work clothes for his job. I am so grateful for him and what a wonderful Dad he is to Gavin. I am overwhelmed with his love when I watch with Gavin, I can tell that he truly loves being a Dad. I am also grateful for my own Dad and his wonderful example and for Zac's Dad and the great way that he raised my husband.
Here are the three pictures I used for Zac's gift:
And this one that I took to give to family. It isn't professional of course but he's just so darn cute! (Yes Mom, I have a picture for you too, I just have to get it to you.)

On to Moving.
Thank goodness for Zac's family because we would not have been able to make this move without all of their help. I tried to pack most of the house before the actual move out day but of course until the day of their just are certain things that are left undone. I think we were able to get everything packed in the truck within about three hours. Considering we were trying to also put Zac's car into the moving truck, I thought it was all pretty impressive. We drove to Denver on Friday, most of the drive was uneventful. Zac's parents left around 3am in the truck and we left at 5am in our car with Zac's siblings following behind in the van. We had to find a dock to unload Zac's car so I think we unloaded in Fort Collins, and boy was it a hot day! Zac's car ended up overheating and traffic was insane in Denver so he was left for about two hours while we finished the drive and his Dad dropped off the truck and went back in the van to get him. So it ended up a little crazy and they had to go back later that night to get the car which drove the rest of the way fine.

Please excuse my horrible hair, it was a hot day of moving. Here's the truck all loaded and ready to drive to Denver.We were able to go to the Denver Aquarium on Saturday after some unpacking. It was a lot of fun and think everyone really enjoyed it. I was quite surprised with all that there was to see and touch. (I tried to put in a picture of at least everyone, there's only one with Amanda because she was taking all the pictures.)
This tank had Dory and Nemo in it. It was a round tank and Gavin really enjoyed looking in it.
I think there was a sting ray above our heads and that's what we were looking at.
We attended our new ward on Sunday and we are excited to be in a Family Ward and have this new experience. We are happy with our new apartment, but I haven't had time to take pictures yet, but give me a week or so. We are very sad to leave so many friends and family but we feel that this is the right decision for our family and we are ready to start this new adventure.

3 comments :

  1. that's neat that you got to go to the aquarium. There will be lots of new opportunities for you there. Congrats on the job, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin is sooo cute!!! He is getting so big. I'm starting to think Kamry is going to crawl before she'll sit up. She loves being on her tummy and her back, but screams if she is in the bumbo chair for more than a couple minutes. Congrats on getting everything moved, its great that Zac's family could help you move. As I look at my messy halfway packed house I envy that you have already moved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. movers studio city

    ReplyDelete