About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Friday, June 12, 2009

One Year Ago.....

Yesterday was my Birthday and it was so fun! Yay for me! But I mentioned that I would write about what happened one year ago on my birthday. This is the day that essentially my life changed FOREVER! So here it is, June 11, 2008........



Well Zac and I had been dating for about 6 weeks by this point. We had gone ring 'shopping' at 2 weeks of dating so I was getting very anxious. Plus he had already called and talked to my Dad AND my family came up to Utah the weekend before and we went down so that he could meet some of them. I hadn't planned anything for my birthday but luckily I had Veralyn, an awesome roommate, and a wonderful boyfriend. I had been telling everyone that I was hoping Zac would propose on my birthday because it is a special date and something to celebrate. But, of course it is a special day so I couldn't get too suspicious right away. Well I went to class at 7:45 that morning and I believe that I was in class or taking tests until 6 that night so I was disappointed that Zac and I wouldn't see each other too much. So I convinced him to come to my Psychology class with me so that I could see him during the day. As I was waiting for him I was very impatient because I hate to be late and class started in three minutes and he still wasn't there. I called him, a little frustrated, and asked if he was coming, and he said he was riding his bike on his way. He made just before class started, and I was a little annoyed, but happy to see him. After class he left and I continued on with classes and then to take a test that night. I remember not doing too well on my test so that when Zac picked me up afterwards I wasn't in a very good mood. Actually I was upset and overwhelmed (Nursing school can do that to you).



We got out of the car at my apartmment and Zac could see I was upset. He turned and said that everything was fine and that I shouldn't be so worried about everything. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with school. So I cried a little and then pulled myself together and we went inside. I walked in to find the living room full of pink balloons leading back to my bedroom that was full of balloons as well. Also in my room was a set of ballons that my Mom sent and Lilies and Roses in a vase with a pillow that had a note and a small glass slipper on it. The note was from Zac asking me to accompany him to dinner. It was so sweet! And after the day I had, of course I cried again. I came back out and Zac told me that I could get ready for dinner, and we would go whenever I was ready. So I changed my clothes, fixed my hair and makeup and about 30 minutes later we left.



We headed towards that school which was weird, and went to the Benson where Zac told me he had to turn in a paper before we went to dinner. Of course I knew that he didn't have a class in the Benson and also he didn't have a paper in his hand when we got out of the car. We walked around a corner and there was a table set up with rose petals and music playing and our dinner. It was so cute, of course I cried again. We had asian salad from Applebee's with sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries. As we ate and talked people would walk by and see us and just kind of smile.



Then.......I heard this beeping noise, I looked around to see what it was and saw a camera in the plants across from us, at that moment I knew! (I told zac that I always wanted to record my engagement.) He asked me if I wanted more to drink and instead of grabbing that cider, he grabbed a ring box from under a plant and got down on one knee. I started to cry and he told me he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of eternity together! I was so happy, of course I said yes! He then got up and walked around the corner and there on the ground were Amanda and Tiffany(Zac's sisters)! They had cameras and were trying to take pictures to help record. They were also the one's that set up the dinner for us which was AWESOME! Sadly the beeping noise on the camera was because it had died so it missed the actual proposal.



Anyways we went back to my apartment and called my family and then Zac and Veralyn planned a party with food and an awesome cake made by Veralyn so that I could show off my ring to everyone and tell them about our engagement.



I am sure that this was the best birthday I will ever have, and that is completely fine with me. I am grateful to have a husband who cares so much about making me happy, he is wonderful and not a day goes by that I forget it! I love you Zac! (Oh, and when he was almost late to my class it was because he was at my apartment blowing up balloons. I felt bad after he told me).

3 comments :

  1. Oh thats so cute! I don't remember you telling me that whole story. It's great that he is romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Zac! When you say that was your best birthday you will ever have...I had a Christmas that will never be toped when TJ purposed to me! Anyways, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your first year of marriage! It only gets better with each passing day! You are both awesome and so lucky to have each other and a little one on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im very jelous...i never got a proposal

    ReplyDelete