About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

1 Month Old

Wesley is already 1 month old and I have no idea where the time has gone. I have really been trying to enjoy this time while he is still in the newborn phase, it just goes by so quickly :(. And I have to say, he is definitely packing on the pounds. I think I am just destined to have chunky babies :). I do love them chunky, but I feel that it makes them look a lot older than they are, and they lose the newborn-ness so much faster. Wesley is a good sleeper, he wakes up 2-3 times a night but it is usually about 3 hours apart, sometimes 4. He usually goes right back to sleep, but of course he has had a few nights where he doesn't want to go to sleep or he thinks that he should be awake in the middle of the night. At his first appointment (4 days old) he already weighed 6lbs 12oz, so he was back above birth weight. At his 2 week appointment (10 days), we were SHOCKED to find that he was 7lbs 14oz and 21 inches. Having grown 1 1/2 inches and gaining 18 oz in just 7 days. We wont have another appointment until he is 2 months so we will see how he has grown by then.

Gavin has been adjusting to life with a little brother. He has found that he can do whatever he wants while I nurse because there is nothing I can do about it. He also is much needier for our attention. He always asks me to hold while I am nursing and I feel bad that I can't do it. He is learning to be more gentle, but he is a boy and doesn't always watch where he is going, so Wesley is learning to put up with a lot. Gavin loves his little brother and loves to give him kisses and look at him. He always tells us, "Wes is so cute." The thing he is really struggling with is bedtime he keeps waking up in the middle of the night and tries to come and sleep in our bed. Before Wesley came it was about 1 or 2 times a week, now it is everyday. We have tried locking him in his room but then he just screams. We have finally taught him that he can sleep on the floor by our bed. But, we are working on him staying in his room.

We were fortunate enough to have Zac's family here when Wesley was born and they did lots of fun things like going to a Rockies Game, Golfing, and the Zoo. Then my Mom came when Wesley was 2 weeks old and we enjoyed lots of shopping and Zac and I were even able to go to the temple. Gavin loved having everyone come and visit and misses all of you. He will be happy when we see everyone in about 2 weeks for graduations and Wesley's blessing.

Pictures!
2 weeks old


First Sunday Back at Church




Yes, we did take our 2 year old to see The Avengers in 3D. Awesome! 

No comments :

Post a Comment