About Me

My Photo
We met in April of 2008 at BYU-Idaho. 4 months later we were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on August 22, 2008. We moved to Colorado in June of 2010, bought our first house there in 2013. And now we have moved to Las Vegas, NV to start our next adventure. We have two active boys with a little girl on the way!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Belong To The Church Of Jesus Christ


So, a few nights ago I was laying in bed reading the Ensign while Zac and Gavin were asleep. I must admit that I am not doing as well on my scripture reading but I do read the Ensign quite regularly so at least I am getting some spiritual enlightenment. :)
Anyways, in the back of the September issue it talks about members using the internet to share the gospel. I know that there have been many times that I have not posted things for the mere fact that I don't want to share too much. And I don't want it to be all about the gospel. After I read the article I thought, why do I do this? I love that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it is everything that I am and everything that my family is. When I was younger I LOVED to invite my friends to church or mutual and I remember giving a Book of Mormon to more than one of them, and then as I got older, it became much harder. I really struggle with sharing the gospel with others and I don't know why. Something is definitely holding me back.
My stake has really been working on inviting non-members to church or other activities and they ask how many of us have invited anyone each week. Everytime I sit there and think, I don't even know a single person outside my ward, how am I supposed to invite anyone? This is no excuse because I live in a building with like 20 apartments and we are the only members. So why am I so scared to talk to people?
Well I have decided that I want our blog to represent more of the church. I know that probably the only people that read this are already members, but you never know, maybe someone else will stumble upon my blog one day, and I want them to know that I LOVE this gospel. I also want to encourage anyone else who is willing, to do this on their blog as well. How many times have you been on a craft blog or other where you wonder is this person LDS? Well, I know I have. Why do we hide it, because we are worried about offending someone, or for some other reason? We should be willing to let everyone know that we are members of this amazing church that allows people the opportunity to obtain happiness for eternity! How can we prevent others from the opportunity to receive such a gift? You never know when you will plant a small seed in someone's heart that will create a desire to learn more about the church. I hope that I can be a better member missionary and that I will be able to find opportunities where I am ready to share the gospel.
For more information about the LDS church please visit:

1 comment :

  1. I read that article as well and since then have made a concious effort to provide links to mormon.org to explain things I am talking about such as baby blessings or temples etc. I totally understand your apprehension with sharing the gospel with just anyone! But I am here to say that it gets easier and easier. Just start by making friends with your neighbors and it will naturally happen that you will want to invite them to church activities. It would be weird if you just invited them to church out of the blue, at least I think so! Great post.

    ReplyDelete